We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
551 North Bedford Road
Bedford Hills, NY 10507
Phone: (914) 241-0721
Fax: (914) 241-0721
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 10:00 am - 5:30 pm
Sun: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
• June is Perennial Garden Month & National Rivers Month
• Bird migration is finished. Birds that are here now are summer residents that nest.
• As the month progresses, feeders can become busy with visiting parents and fledglings.
• House Wrens are nesting.
• Wood Duck and Mallard ducklings hatch and venture forth early in the month.
• Canada Geese begin molting.
• Young woodchucks and raccoons emerge and venture out with their mothers.
• Look for birds like Cedar Waxwings eating the ripe fruit of Serviceberry.
• Horseshoe Crabs spawn on Delaware bayshore beaches in late-May to early-June.
• Pond turtles are digging nests; the eggs will hatch in 80 – 90 days.
• White-tailed Deer fawns continue to be born through mid-month.